[Python-Dev] repository locks

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:55:39 -0400

[/F]
> What's causing all these stale locks?

Best I can tell, Skip.

> I'm a totally clueless CVS user,

You don't want to fight me on that one <wink>.

> and I've managed to check at least 114 things into the repository
> without leaving any locks behind me.

I think I've lucked out too.

> Is it just sheer luck, or is there some flaw in CVS waiting
> for me to stumble upon?

There are many links in the chain from one of our machines to CVS on
SourceForge.  My bet is that if it's working for you, it will continue to
work; and that we'll continue to see locks left behind by Skip until he
manages to replace the link in his chain that's damaged.  Also betting
there's a 50-50 chance we'll never know which link it was.

it's-software-it-sucks-it's-par-for-the-course-ly y'rs  - tim