[Python-Dev] webbrowser module

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:40:26 -0400 (EDT)

Peter Funk writes:
 > May I suggest the patch below?  It add's support for the
 > Linux KDE file manager KFM (aka Konquerer) as the default
 > web browser.  This esspecially makes sense on smaller Linux

Peter,
  Thanks for the Konquerer class!  I'll add that.
  What I'm not sure about is using it as a default value if the use
isn't running KDE.  I just tried to play with kfm while Gnome was
running, and it tried to load docklets and the like, which wasn't
useful since the KDE panel wasn't running.  (On the other hand, kfm
*did* start up with the -d option, and kfmclient worked.)  But that
means that kfm was putting icons on my "desktop", and that's something
I definately don't want.
  So I'm hesitant.  Is there a reasonably reliable way to determine if
the user is running KDE, and only make this the default in that case?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member