[Python-Dev] urllib.browse() issues

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 18:00:33 -0500

> In my design the environment variable is only there as an optional override.
> Most of the time, the smart defaults do the right thing.

Ah.  I came in on the tail end of the discussion.  This makes sense.

BTW, Eric, do you happen to know the folks at SF who wrote the Patch
Manager?  I and some of the others here at PythonLabs would love to
get together with them at the O'Reilly conference (if they are going
there) or at some other time to discuss how to kmake the PM better.
We've got a lot of experience now!  (And obviously we also have some
suggestions for the CVS feature regarding cleaning up of locks.)

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)