[Python-Dev] how do I release a cvs lock?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:53:22 -0400 (EDT)

    CT> Do we really want to live on with SourceForge(t) ?  It seems
    CT> to be pleasant for small projects, but maybe it would be more
    CT> convenient to have a CVS that we control directly?  The new
    CT> starship is very powerful and could stand a couple of CVS
    CT> repositories easily.

    CT> While one might argue that this would give to much of Python
    CT> to BeOpen (they got it already:), I think this could work
    CT> smoothly.

I think for now SF is our home.  Trying to move anything at this point
would burn much more time than we have.  We really want to get
releases out asap!  At some point we might look at a couple of
alternatives, such as: create our own site based on the SF code base;
help SF improve their s/w more directly; roll our own using better
Python-based tools.

-Barry