[Python-Dev] Spelling check: more typos

Michael Hudson mwh21@cam.ac.uk
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:19:29 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Rob W. W. Hooft wrote:

[schnipp]
> Then 2 points on distutils:
>  - the word "licence" is used throughout, and "license" is introduced as
>    alternative. The other way around looks more natural to me.

Isn't one the noun (licence) and one the verb (license)?  (mind you
dictionary.com doesn't think so, so I'd say pick one and stick with it).

>  - the term "anal retentives" should probably be replaced before 2.0

This reminds me of when they took out the swear words from the sources to
linuk-kernel :-)

> Is "s's" as in "the process's exit code" valid English?

I think yes, because "process" is not a plural; it would be "processes'
exit codes".

but-then-I'm-a-mathematician-ly y'rs
Michael