[Python-Dev] Making -tt the default

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 22:17:07 -0700

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 09:45:22PM -0700, David Ascher wrote:
> >   This reminds us that most programmers aren't going to bother with
> > the -tt option; it's something extra that they don't really need to
> > get the job done.
>
> Which reminds me that I'd really like the default python-mode.el to use more
> 'strict' defaults than it currently does.  I don't know how, but I routinely
> generate bad indentations w/ pymode, which I blame on bad defaults in the
> elisp file.  I can fix the config, of course, with enough work, but I
> believe it should be set to a more strict default.

Never seen this happen. Can you watch yourself and discover how you are
generating these? I do admit that maybe pymode is generating them for me,
too, but that I unconsciously compensate for the problem. I have certainly
never consciously went "woah! bad pymode! bad pymode! stop that!" :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/