[Python-Dev] Sorry. No Release.

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 04:53:52 -0400 (EDT)

Paul Prescod writes:
 > +1
 >
 > That would be great for newbies!

  Yes, but the name is confusing, because it isn't raised for every
sort of indentation error if it's only used for tab/space problems:

try:
    1/0
        1/0
finally:
    pass

still would raise SyntaxError.  Should that raise an IndentationError
as well?  Or should IndentationError be named something else?
  (Just adding IndentationError for -tt isn't hard, I have a
preliminary patch for that now.  Adding it for the case above looks
harder.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>