[Python-Dev] Application for developer status

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Sun, 02 Jul 2000 10:07:49 -0500

"Eric S. Raymond" wrote:

> My only immediate plan for what to do with developer access is to add
> the browser-launch capability previously discussed on this list.  My
> general interest is in improving the standard class library,
> especially in the areas of Internet-protocol support (urllib, ftp,
> telnet, pop, imap, smtp, nntplib, etc.) and mini-language toolkits and
> frameworks (shlex. netrc, Cmd, ConfigParser).

As an aside: I would be pumpld about getting a generic lexer into the
Python distribution. Greg Ewing was working on one and there are various
others out there.
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Plex/
The calculus and the rich body of mathematical analysis to which it
gave rise made modern science possible, but it was the algorithm that
made the modern world possible.
	- The Advent of the Algorithm, by David Berlinski