[Python-Dev] Multiple dicts for string interpolation?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 20:40:22 -0500

Skip Montanaro wrote:

(snip)
> I guess the next question is to extend Ken's comment about getting it into
> the Python core.  Would that be something possible for 1.6?  I used a Python
> version of MultiMapping in an ancient version of DocumentTemplate.  I'm sure
> the C version has been around for at least two or three years and would
> appear pretty darn stable,

Yes. I'm sure you'd have to de-ExtensionClass-ify it to get it
into the core. :)

> since it seems to be at the core of a lot of
> Zope's coolness.

Actually, it isn't, as there is a separate similar thing
(TemplateDict) used in DocumentTemplate.

Jim

repeats.