[Python-Dev] breaking list.append()

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:57:38 +1100

> Why don't we simply move forward with the assumption that PythonWin and
> Scintilla will be updated?

Done :-)

However, I think dropping it now _is_ a little heavy handed.  I decided to
do a wider search and found a few in, eg, Sam Rushings calldll based ODBC
package.

Personally, I would much prefer a warning now, and drop it later.  _Then_ we
can say we have made enough noise about it.  It would only be 2 years ago
that I became aware that this "feature" of append was not a feature at all -
up until then I used it purposely, and habits are sometimes hard to change
:-)

MArk.