[Python-Dev] Re: Python-checkins digest, Vol 1 #370 - 8 msgs

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 03:50:42 -0500

[/F]
> but now that we have appendnanny, I don't really mind...

Hmm -- I named *my* thing "checkappend".  appendnanny would have been
inappropriate:  the tabnanny is a merciless harpy nagging about things a
grownup should never have to worry about to begin with; i.e., a particularly
unpleasant type of nanny.  I'm afraid lots of grownups are going to have a
short-term problem with the .append change, though.  So they don't need a
nanny -- they need a tool unimaginatively named to reflect its oh-so-serious
purpose.

iow-the-tabnanny-holds-its-users-in-contempt-but-checkappend-
    doesn't<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim