[Python-Dev] concrete proposal (was: davlib.py)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:12:23 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> Fredrik Lundh writes:
>  > (personally, I'd like to have xmlrpclib.py and soaplib.py
>  > in the core, but that can wait for 1.6.1)
>
>   These make a lot of sense, especially once we coerce Guido to accept
> Paul's expat bindings so that we can have some real XML support.

Agreed.

Concrete proposal:

* add Expat and PyExpat (I'm +0 on other XML items)
* add "network" package
* add network.davlib, network.xmlrpclib, network.soaplib
* upgrade httplib
* move: ftplib, gopherlib, httplib, imaplib, nntplib, poplib, smtplib,
        telnetlib, urllib
* +0 on moving: BaseHTTPServer, CGIHTTPServer, SimpleHTTPServer,
                SocketServer, asynchat, asyncore

Cheers,
-g

--