[Python-Dev] packaging (was: davlib.py)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:49:03 -0800 (PST)

[ can people start updating the subject line! this stopped being about
  davlib a while ago ]

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>  > packages in the standard distribution? We can do it backwards compatibly,
>  > with something like
>  >
>  > internet/
>  >     protocol/
>  >         httplib.py
>
>   I wouldn't make it so deep; perhaps internet/httplib, but that's it.

+1 on using a *shallow* package, as Fred states.

I would also rename it to "network" and shove other networking stuff in
there. The name "protocol" might work, but "urllib" doesn't fit that very
well (and I think urllib probably would go in there: network.urllib).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/