[Python-Dev] patch handling (was: Python 1.6 timing)

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 01:32:05 +0200 (IST)

Let me just note the whole thing sounds great! I'm for it.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>    ...  We cannot be the only project facing these same issues,
>    so let's leverage off of what others have done.

As a point to think about, linux-kernel have a very non-high-tech solution
that works, but for some reason causes everyone shivers: high volume
mailing list, with patches and discussion of patches, and Linus's mailbox,
in which patches from known hackers are more streamlined. That's the
ultimate in flexibility ;-)

I don't know how many people here ever subscribed to linux-kernel, but as
someone who compiled a new kernel every week for a few months, I just want
to say that it works <0.6 wink>
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>.
INTERNET: Learn what you know.