[Python-Dev] patch handling (was: Python 1.6 timing)

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 19:50:17 -0500

> I assume you'll get a similar response from many people: hopefully,
> for each patch it will either get booed automatically (hey! I just added
> braces instead of indentation to the parser) or will interest someone.

The thing here that makes me slightly uncomfortable is how to keep
track of patches that nobody picks up.  a Jitterbug database would
nicely do this, but I agree that it's inconvenient and overkill for
other reasons.  Perhaps we could use the "Linus Torvalds' inbox
algorithm"?  (When it overflows he deletes everything; "if it was
important they'll send it again.")