[Python-Dev] Reference implementation for PEP 208 (coercion)

Paul Barrett Barrett@stsci.edu
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:34:40 -0500 (EST)

Neil Schemenauer writes:
 > Sourceforge unloads are not working.  The lastest version of the
 > patch for PEP 208 is here:
 >
 >     http://arctrix.com/nas/python/coerce-6.0.diff
 >
 > Operations on instances now call __coerce__ if it exists.  I
 > think the patch is now complete.  Converting other builtin types
 > to "new style numbers" can be done with a separate patch.

My one concern about this patch is whether the non-commutativity of
operators is preserved.  This issue being important for matrix
operations (not to be confused with element-wise array operations).

 -- Paul