[Python-Dev] Splitting up _cursesmodule

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:19:53 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:29:17 -0500, "Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:
> A.M. Kuchling <amk@mira.erols.com>:
> > At 2502 lines, _cursesmodule.c is cumbersomely large.  I've just
> > received a patch from Thomas Gellekum that adds support for the panel
> > library that will add another 500 lines.  I'd like to split the C file
> > into several subfiles (_curses_panel.c, _curses_window.c, etc.) that
> > get #included from the master _cursesmodule.c file.
> >
> > Do the powers that be approve of this idea?
>
> I doubt I qualify as a power that be, but I'm certainly +1 on panel support.

I'm +1 on panel support, but that seems the wrong solution. Why not
have several C moudles (_curses_panel,...) and manage a more unified
namespace with the Python wrapper modules?

/curses/panel.py -- from _curses_panel import *
etc.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.