[Python-Dev] Warning Framework (PEP 230)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 12:54:51 -0500

I'm maybe about three quarters on the way with writing PEP 230 -- far
enough along to be asking for comments.  Get it from CVS or go to:

  http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0230.html

A prototype implementation in Python is included in the PEP; I think
this shows that the implementation is not too complex (Paul Prescod's
fear about my proposal).

This is pretty close to what I proposed earlier (Nov 5), except that I
have added warning category classes (inspired by Paul's proposal).
This class also serves as the exception to be raised when warnings are
turned into exceptions.

Do I need to include a discussion of Paul's counter-proposal and why I
rejected it?