[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Objects abstract.c,2.49,2.50

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:22:13 +0200

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 03:09:33AM -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Thomas Wouters writes:
>  > Fix grouping: this is how I intended it, misguided as I was in boolean
>  > operator associativity.

>   And to think I spent time digging out my reference material to make
> sure I didn't change anything!

Well, if you'd dug out the PEP, you'd have known what way the parentheses
were *intended* to go :-) 'HASINPLACE' is a macro that does a
Py_HasFeature() for the _inplace_ struct members, and those struct members
shouldn't be dereferenced if HASINPLACE is false :)

>   This is why compilers have warnings like that!

Definately ! Now if only there was a permanent way to add -Wall.... hmm...
Hey, I got it ! What about we set it by default, if the compiler is gcc ? :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>