[Python-Dev] stack check on Unix: any suggestions?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:30:01 +0200

My SGI has getrlimit(RLIMIT_STACK) which should do the trick. But maybe this
is an sgi-ism? Otherwise RLIMIT_VMEM and subtracting brk() may do the trick.

While thinking about this, though, I suddenly realised that my (new, faster)
Mac implementation of PyOS_CheckStack will fail miserably in any other than
the main thread, something I'll have to fix shortly.

Unix code will also have to differentiate between running on the main stack
and a sub-thread stack, probably. And I haven't looked at the way
PyOS_CheckStack is implemented on Windows, but it may well also share this
problem.