[Python-Dev] stack check on Unix: any suggestions?

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:15:30 +0200

jeremy wrote:
>  Guido assigned me bug 112943 yesterday and gave it priority 9.
> http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=112943&group_id=5470
>
> The bug in question causes a core dump on Unix because of a broken
> __radd__.  There's another bug (110615) that does that same thing with
> recursive invocations of __repr__.
>
> And, of course, there's:
> def foo(x):
>     return foo(x)
> foo(None)
>
> I believe that these bugs have been fixed on Windows.  Fredrik
> confirmed this for one of them, but I don't remember which one.  Would
> someone mind confirming and updating the records in the bug tracker?

my checkstack patch fixes #110615 and #112943 on windows.
cannot login to sourceforge right now, so I cannot update the
descriptions.

> I don't see an obvious solution.  Is there any way to implement
> PyOS_CheckStack on Unix?

not that I know...  you better get a real operating system ;-)

</F>