[Python-Dev] (214)

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 17:36:50 +0200

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 11:21:43AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> Can other people confirm that list->news is broken?

No, not really. I can confirm that not all messages make it to the
newsgroup: I can't find Tim's posting on PEP 214 anywhere on comp.lang.py.
(and our new super-newsserver definately keeps the postings around long
enough, so I should be able to see it, and I did get it through
python-list!)

However, I *can* find some of my python-list submissions from earlier today,
so it hasn't completely gone to meet its maker, either.

I can also confirm that python-dev itself seems to be missing some messages.
I occasionally see messages quoted which I haven't seen myself, and I've
seen others complain that they haven't seen my messages, as quoted in other
mailings. Not more than a handful in the last week or two, though, and they
*could* be attributed to dementia.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>