[Python-Dev] (214)

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:06:57 +0200

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Just van Rossum]
> > (Just to make sure you guys know; there's currently a thread in c.l.py
> > about the new 2.0 features. Not a *single* person stood up to defend
> > PEP 214: noone seems to like it.)
>
> But that's not true!  I defended it <wink>.

Count me in on that one too... it's just great for adding a few
quick debugging prints into the program.

The only thing I find non-Pythonesque is that an operator
is used. I would have opted for something like:

	print on <stream> x,y,z

instead of

	print >> <stream> x,y,z

But I really don't mind since I don't use "print" in production
code for anything other than debugging anyway :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg