[Python-Dev] Re: Allow all assignment expressions after 'import something as'

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 19:38:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Thomas Wouters wrote:
> >     import foo.bar          "import the package named foo and its
> >                              submodule bar, then put *foo* into the
> >                              current namespace"
>
> Wrong. What it does is: import the package named foo and its submodule bar,
> and make it so you can access foo.bar via the name 'foo.bar'. That this has
> to put 'foo' in the local namespace is a side issue

I understand now.  Sorry for my thickheadedness.  Yes, when i look
at it as "please give this to me as foo.bar", it makes much more sense.

Apologies, Guido.  That's two brain-farts in a day or so.  :(

-- ?!ng