[Python-Dev] 2.0 Release Plans

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:55:34 -0400 (EDT)

  TP> For you in particular <wink>, how about dealing with Open patch
  TP>> 100899?  It's been assigned to you for 5 weeks, and if you're not
  TP> going to review it or kick /F in the butt, assign it to someone
  TP> else.

  MAL> AFAIK, Fredrik hasn't continued work on that patch and some
  MAL> important parts are still missing, e.g. the generator scripts
  MAL> and a description of how the whole thing works.

  MAL> It's not that important though, since the patch is a space
  MAL> optimization of what is already in Python 2.0 (and has been for
  MAL> quite a while now): the Unicode database.

  MAL> Perhaps I should simply post-pone the patch to 2.1 ?!

Thanks for clarifying the issue with this patch.

I would like to see some compression in the release, but agree that it
is not an essential optimization.  People have talked about it for a
couple of months, and we haven't found someone to work on it because
at various times pirx and /F said they were working on it.

If we don't hear from /F by tomorrow promising he will finish it before
the beta release, let's postpone it.

Jeremy