[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/nondist/peps pep-0000.txt,1.24,1.25

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:29:27 -0400 (EDT)

I don't know why I haven't seen Thomas's reply yet, but in any event...

    TP> [Thomas Wouters]
    >> I thought the last collumn was the SourceForge username ?  I
    >> don't have an email address that reads 'twouters', except the
    >> SF one, anyway, and I thought tim had 'tim_one' there. Or did
    >> he change it ?

    TP> I don't know what the last column means.  What would you like
    TP> it to mean?  Perhaps a complete email address, or (what a
    TP> concept!) the author's *name*, would be best.

    TP> BTW, my current employer assigned "tpeters@beopen.com" to me.
    TP> I was just "tim" for the first 15 years of my career, and then
    TP> "tim_one" when you kids started using computers faster than me
    TP> and took "tim" everywhere before I got to it.  Now even
    TP> "tim_one" is mostly taken!  On Yahoo, I'm "tim_one_one" now.
    TP> I have given up all hope of retaining an online identity.

I'm not sure what it should mean either, except as a shorthand way to
identify the owner of the PEP.  Most important is that each line fit
in 80 columns!

Perhaps we can do away with the filename column, since that's easily
calculated?

I had originally thought the owner should be the mailbox on
SourceForge, but then I thought maybe it ought to be the mailbox given
in the Author: field of the PEP.  Perhaps the Real Name is best after
all, if we can reclaim some horizontal space.

unsure-ly, y'rs,
-Barry