[Python-Dev] RE: compile.c: problem with duplicate argument bugfix

Charles G Waldman cgw@fnal.gov
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:55:21 -0500 (CDT)

I'm catching up on the python-dev archives and see your message.

Note that I submitted a patch back in May to fix this same problem:

 http://www.python.org/pipermail/patches/2000-May/000638.html

There you will find a working patch, and a detailed discussion which
explains why your approach results in a core-dump.

I submitted this patch back before Python moved over to SourceForge,
there was a small amount of discussion about it and then the word from
Guido was "I'm too busy to look at this now", and the patch got
dropped on the floor.