[Python-Dev] Re: indexing, indices(), irange(), list.items() (was RE: [Python-Dev] Lockstep iteration - eureka!)

Peter Schneider-Kamp nowonder@nowonder.de
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:07:43 +0000

What about 'indexing' xor 'in' ? Like that:

for i indexing sequence:      # good
for e in sequence:            # good
for i indexing e in sequence: # BAD!

This might help Guido to understand what it does in the
'indexing' case. I admit that the third one may be a
bit harder to parse, so why not *leave it out*?

But then I'm sure this has also been discussed before.
Nevertheless I'll mail Barry and volunteer for a PEP
on this.

[Tim Peters about his life]
> I've been trying to sell "indexing" for most of my adult life

then-I'll-have-to-spend-another-life-on-it-ly y'rs
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter@schneider-kamp.de