[Python-Dev] pthreads question: typedef ??? pthread_t and hacky return statements

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:17:03 +0200

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 11:39:29PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:

> So how about a runtime test for what's actually important (and it's not
> Monterey!)?
>
> 	if (sizeof(threadid) <= sizeof(long))
> 		return (long)threadid;
>
> End of problem, right?  It's a cheap runtime test in a function whose speed
> isn't critical anyway.

Note that this is what autoconf is for. It also helps to group all that
behaviour-testing code together, in one big lump noone pretends to
understand ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>