[Python-Dev] Include/config.h in CVS

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:13:28 -0400 (EDT)

Charles G Waldman writes:
 > Now, when I do cvs update the config.h doesn't reappear, but I still
 > see "needs checkout" if I ask for cvs status:
[...output elided...]

  I get exactly the same output from "cvs status", and "cvs update"
doesn't produce the file.
  Now, if I say "cvs update config.h", it shows up and doesn't get
deleted by "cvs update", but after removing the line from CVS/Entries
and removing the file, it doesn't reappear.  So you're probably set
for now.

 > I keep my local CVS tree updated daily, I never use any kind of sticky
 > tags, and haven't seen this sort of problem at all, up until today.
 > Today I also noticed the CVS server responding very slowly, so I
 > suspect that something may be wrong with the server.

  This is weird, but that doesn't sound like the problem; the SF
servers can be very slow some days, but we suspect it's just load.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member