[Python-Dev] Cookie.py module, and Web PEP

Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:40:35 -0400

Tim O'Malley finally mailed me the correct URL for the latest version
of the cookie module: http://www.timo-tasi.org/python/Cookie.py

*However*...  I think the Web support in Python needs more work in
generally, and certainly more than can be done for 2.0.  One of my
plans for the not-too-distant future is to start writing a Python/CGI
guide, and the process of writing it is likely to shake out more
ugliness that should be fixed.

I'd like to propose a 'Web Library Enhancement PEP', and offer to
champion and write it.  Its goal would be to identify missing features
and specify them, and list other changes to improve Python as a
Web/CGI language.  Possibly the PEP would also drop
backward-compatibility cruft.

(Times like this I wish the Web-SIG hadn't been killed...)

--amk