[Python-Dev] Winreg update

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:56:23 -0400

Greg Ward wrote:

> I'm all in favour of high-level interfaces, and I'm also in favour of
> speaking the local tongue -- when in Windows, follow the Windows API (at
> least for features that are totally Windows-specific, like the
> registry).

At this point, the question is not whether to follow the Microsoft API
or not (any more). It is whether to follow the early 1990s Microsoft API
for C programmers or the new Microsoft API for Visual Basic, C#, Eiffel
and Javascript programmers.

Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/perlis-alan/quotes.html