[Python-Dev] Feature freeze!

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 11:32:25 +0200 (CEST)

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Vladimir Marangozov]
> > This reminder comes JIT!
> >
> > Then please make coincide the above dates/instants with the status of
> > the open patches and take a stance on them: assign them to people,
> > postpone, whatever.
> >
> > I deliberately postponed my object malloc patch.
>
> I don't know why.  It's been there quite a while, and had non-trivial
> support for inclusion in 2.0.  A chance to consider the backlog of patches
> as a stable whole is why the two weeks between "feature freeze" and 2.0b1
> exists!

Because the log message reads that I'm late with the stat interface
which shows what the situation is with and without it. If I want to
finish that part, I'll need to block my Sunday afternoon. Given that
now it's 11am, I have an hour to think what to do about it -- resurrect
or leave postponed.

> I doubt any variant of Stackless has a real shot for 2.0 at this point,
> although if a patch shows up before Sunday ends I won't Postpone it without
> reason (like, say, Guido tells me to).

I'm doubtful too, but if there's a clean & solid minimal implementation
which removes the stack dependency -- I'll have a look.

> > PPS: is the pep-0200.html referenced above up to date? For instance,
> > I see it mentions SET_LINENO pointing to old references, while a newer
> > postponed patch is at SourceForge.
> >
> > A "last modified <date>" stamp would be nice.
>
> I agree, but yaaaawn <wink>.  CVS says it was last modified before Jeremy
> went on vacation.  It's not up to date.  The designated release manager in
> Jeremy's absence apparently didn't touch it.  I can't gripe about that,
> though, because he's my boss <wink>.  He sent me email today saying "tag,
> now you're it!" (Guido will be gone all next week).  My plate is already
> full, though, and I won't get around to updating it today.

Okay - just wanted to make this point clear, since your reminder reads
"see the details there".

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr