[Python-Dev] parsers and compilers for 2.0

Finn Bock bckfnn@worldonline.dk
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:29:14 GMT

[Neil Schemenauer]

>With all the recent proposed and accepted language changes, we
>should be a careful to keep everything up to date.  The parser
>module, Jeremy's compiler, and I suspect JPython have been left
>behind by the recent changes.

WRT JPython, the list comprehensions have not yet been added. Then
again, the feature was only recently checked in.

You raise a good point however. There are many compilers/parsers that
have to be updated before we can claim that a feature is fully
implemented.

[Thomas Wouters]

>[(x, y) for y in something for x in somewhere if y in x]
>
>The parentheses around the leftmost expression are mandatory. It's currently
>implemented something like this:
>
>L = []
>__x__ = [].append
>for y in something:
>	for x in somewhere:
>		if y in x:
>del __x__

Thank you for the fine example. At least I now think that know what the
feature is about.

regards,
finn