[Python-Dev] Python Announcements ???

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:48:25 +0200

Could someone at BeOpen please check what happened to the
python-announce mailing list ?!

Messages to that list don't seem to show up anywhere and I've
been getting strange reports from the mail manager software in
the past when I've tried to post there.

Also, what happened to the idea of hooking that list onto
the c.l.p.a newsgroup. I don't remember the details of
how this is done (had to do something with adding some
approved header), but this would be very helpful.

The Python community currently has no proper way of
announcing new projects, software or gigs. A post to
c.l.p which has grown to be a >4K posts/month list does
not have the same momentum as pushing it through c.l.p.a
had in the past.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg