[Python-Dev] Cookie.py

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 19:40:31 +0300 (IDT)

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> O'Malley got in touch with me and let me know that the license has
> been changed to the 1.5.2 license with his departure from BBN.  He
> hasn't sent me a URL where the current version can be downloaded,
> though.  I don't know if WebWare has the most current version; it
> seems not, since O'Malley's was dated 06/21 and WebWare's was checked
> in on May 23.

Well, as soon as you get a version, let me know: I've started working
on documentation.

> By the way, I'd suggest adding Cookie.py to a new 'web' package, and
> taking advantage of the move to break backward compatibility and
> remove the automatic usage of pickle (assuming it's still there).

Well, depends on what you mean there:

There are now three classes

a) SimpleCookie -- never uses pickle
b) SerilizeCookie -- always uses pickle
c) SmartCookie -- uses pickle based on old heuristic.

About web package: I'm +0. Fred has to think about how to document
things in packages (we never had to until now). Well, who cares <wink>

What is more important is working on documentation (which I'm doing),
and on a regression test (for which the May 23 version is probably good
enough).

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.