[Python-Dev] Preventing recursion core dumps

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:19:38 +0200 (CEST)

Barry Scott wrote:

> Why not set a limit in the intepreter? Fixing this for every call in object.c
> seems a lots of hard work and will always leave holes.

Indeed.

> For embedding Python being able to control the recursion depth of the
> intepreter is very useful. I would want to be able to set, from C, the
> max call depth limit and the current call depth limit.

Except exporting MAX_RECURSION_DEPTH as a variable (Py_MaxRecursionDepth)
I don't see what you mean by current call depth limit.

> I'd expect Python to set a min call depth limit.

I don't understand this. Could you elaborate?
Are you implying the introduction of a public function
(ex. Py_SetRecursionDepth) that does some value checks?

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr