[Python-Dev] Python keywords (was Lockstep iteration - eureka !)

Bill Tutt billtut@microsoft.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:24:11 -0700

The parser actually recognizes keywords atm.

We could change that so that each keyword is a token.
Then you would have something like:

keyword_allowed_name: KEY1 | KEY2 | KEY3 | ... | KEYN | NAME
and then tweak func_def like so:
func_def:  DEF keyword_allowed_name parameters ':' suite

I haven't pondered whether or not this would cause the DFA to fall into a
degenerate case or not.

Wondering where the metagrammer source file went to,
Bill