[Python-Dev] Python keywords (was Lockstep iteration - eureka!)

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 19:36:30 -0500

> [Guido]
> > The JPython approach should be added to CPython.  This effectively
> > turns off keywords directly after ".", "def" and in a few other
> > places.
>
> Excellent.  I saw a reference to this after I sent my mail.
>
> I'd be happy to help, in a long, drawn out, when-I-find-time kind of way.
> What is the general strategy - is it simply to maintain a state in the
> parser?  Where would I start to look into?
>
> Mark.

Alas, I'm not sure how easy it will be.  The parser generator will
probably have to be changed to allow you to indicate not to do a
resword lookup at certain points in the grammar.  I don't know where
to start. :-(

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)