[Python-Dev] Lockstep iteration - eureka!

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:15:10 +0200

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 04:01:18PM +0100, Just van Rossum wrote:

> Features

>     It adds an optional clause to the 'for' statement:

> Implementation
>
>     Implementation should be trivial for anyone named Guido,
>     Tim or Thomas.

Well, to justify that vote of confidence <0.4 wink> I wrote a quick hack
that adds this to Python for loops. It can be found on SF, patch #101138.
It's small, but it works. I'll iron out any bugs if there's enough positive
feelings towards this kind of syntax change.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>