[Python-Dev] [Patch #101135] 'import x as y' and 'from x import y as z' (fwd)

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 18:13:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Thomas Wouters wrote:

> For those of you not on the patches list, here's the summary of the patch I
> just uploaded to SF. In short, it adds "import x as y" and "from module
> import x as y", in the way Tim proposed this morning. (Probably late last
> night for most of you.)

I guess the criteria i used in my thumbs down on 'indexing' is very
subjective, because i would say the added functionality of 'import x as y'
*does* satisfy my added-functionality test, and i'd be +1.  (I think the
determining thing is the ability to avoid name collisions without any
gross shuffle.)

I also really like the non-keyword basis for the, um, keyword.

Ken
klm@digicool.com