[Python-Dev] Task Manager on SourceForge

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 00:57:02 -0400

Under the "what the heck" theory, I enabled the Task Manager on the Python
project -- beware the 6-hour delay!  Created two "subprojects" in it, P1.6
and P2, for tasks generally related to finishing the Python 1.6 and 2.0
releases, respectively.

Don't know anything more about it.  It appears you can set up a web of tasks
under a "subproject", with fields for who's assigned, percent complete,
status, hours of work, priority, start & end dates, and a list of tasks each
task depends on.

If anyone can think of a use for it, be my guest <wink>.

I *suspect* everyone already has admin privileges for the Task Manager, but
can't be sure.  Today I couldn't fool either Netscape or IE5 into displaying
the user-permissions Admin page correctly.  Everyone down to "lemburg" does
have admin privs for TaskMan, but from the middle of MAL's line on on down
it's all empty space for me.