[Python-Dev] Re: dict.setdefault() (Patch#101102)

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 13:29:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Peter Funk wrote:

> Unfortunately only a small subset of these methods actually works on
> a dbm mapping:

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   AttributeError: get

I just got burned (again!) because neither the cgi.FieldStorage()
nor the cgi.FormContentDict() support .get().

I've submitted a patch that adds FieldStorage.get() and makes
FormContentDict a subclass of UserDict (the latter nicely eliminates
almost all of the code in FormContentDict).

(I know it says we're supposed to use FieldStorage, but i rarely if
ever need to use file-upload forms, so SvFormContentDict() is still
by far the most useful to me of the 17 different form implementations
<wink> in the cgi module, i don't care what anyone says...)

By the way, when/why did all of the documentation at the top of
cgi.py get blown away?

-- ?!ng

"All models are wrong; some models are useful."
    -- George Box