[Python-Dev] Warnings on gcc -Wall

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 17:13:10 +0300 (IDT)

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Thomas Wouters wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 06, 2000 at 04:22:09PM +0300, Moshe Zadka wrote:
>
> >  -- readline.c -- readline/history.h is included only on BeOS, and
> > otherwise prototypes are declared by hand. Does anyone remember why?
>
> Possibly because old versions of readline don't have history.h ?

And it did have the history functions? If so, maybe we can include
<readline/readline.h> unconditionally, and switch on the readline version.
If not, I'd just announce support for earlier versions of readline
nonexistant and be over and done with it.

> 'opcode' and 'oparg' get filled inside
> the permanent for-loop, but after the check on pending signals and
> exceptions. I think it's theoretically possible to have 'things_to_do' on
> the first time through the loop, which end up in an exception, thereby
> causing the jump to on_error, entering the branch on WHY_EXCEPTION, which
> uses oparg and opcode. I'm not sure if initializing opcode/oparg is the
> right thing to do, though, but I'm not sure what is, either :-)

Probably initializing them before the "goto no_error" to some dummy value,
then checking for this dummy value in the relevant place. You're right,
of course, I hadn't noticed the goto.

> As for the checkins, I haven't seen some of the pending checkin-mails pass
> by (I did some cleaning up of configure.in last night, for instance, after
> the re-indent and grammar change in compile.c that *did* come through.)
> Barry (or someone else ;) are those still waiting in the queue, or should we
> consider them 'lost' ?

I got a reject on two e-mails, but I didn't think of saving
them....oooops..well, no matter, most of them were trivial stuff.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.