[Python-Dev] Warnings on gcc -Wall

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 16:22:09 +0300 (IDT)

As those of you with a firm eye on python-checkins noticed, I've been
trying to clear the source files (as many of them as I could get to
compile on my setup) from warnings. This is only with gcc -Wall: a future
project of mine is to enable much more warnings and try to clean them too.

There are currently two places where warnings still remain:

 -- readline.c -- readline/history.h is included only on BeOS, and
otherwise prototypes are declared by hand. Does anyone remember why?

-- ceval.c, in ceval() gcc -Wall (wrongly) complains about opcode and
oparg which might be used before initialized. I've had a look at that
code, and I'm certain gcc's flow analysis is simply not good enough.
However, I would like to silence the warning, so I can get used to
building with -Wall -Werror and make sure to mind any warnings. Does
anyone see any problem with putting opcode=0 and oparg=0 near the top?

Any comments welcome, of course.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.