[Python-Dev] Breaking Test Cases on Purpose

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 04:38:32 +0300 (IDT)

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> I'm Tim on this issue.  As officially appointed release manager for
> 2.0, I set some guidelines for checking in code.  One is that no
> checkin should cause the regression test to fail.  If it does, I'll
> back it out.
>
> If you didn't review the contribution guidelines when they were posted
> on this list, please look at PEP 200 now.

Actually, I did. The thing is, it seems to me there's a huge difference
between breaking code, and manifesting that the code is wrong.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.