[Python-Dev] (os.kill (was Fork) on Win32 - was (test_fork1 failing...)

Mark Hammond MarkH@ActiveState.com
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:13:06 +1000

[Marc writes]
> On Unix you can install a signal
> handler in the Python program which then translates the SIGTERM
> signal into a normal Python exception. Sending the signal then
> causes the same as e.g. hitting Ctrl-C in a program: an
> exception is raised asynchronously, but it can be handled
> properly by the Python exception clauses to enable safe
> shutdown of the process.

I understand this.  This is why I was skeptical that a
"terminate-without-prejudice" only version would be useful.

I _think_ this fairly large email is agreeing that it isn't of much use.
If so, then I am afraid you are on your own :-(

Mark.