[Python-Dev] Breaking Test Cases on Purpose

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 15:02:07 -0500

> Tell those people to chill out for a few days and not be so jumpy. You're
> talking about behavior that can easily be remedied.
>
> It is a simple statement about the CVS repository: "CVS builds but may not
> pass the test suite in certain cases" rather than "CVS is perfect"

I would agree if it was only the python-dev crowd -- they are easily
trained.  But there are lots of others who check out the tree, so it
would be a continuing education process.  I don't see what good it does.

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)