[Python-Dev] (os.kill (was Fork) on Win32 - was (test_fork1 failing...)

Mark Hammond MarkH@ActiveState.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 21:19:50 +1000

> What about porting os.kill() to Windows (see my other post
> with changed subject line in this thread) ? Wouldn't that
> make sense ? (the os.spawn() APIs do return PIDs of spawned
> processes, so calling os.kill() to send signals to these
> seems like a feasable way to control them)

Signals are a bit of a problem on Windows.  We can terminate the thread
mid-execution, but a clean way of terminating a thread isn't obvious.

I admit I didnt really read the long manpage when you posted it, but is a
terminate-without-prejudice option any good?

Mark.