[Python-Dev] Cookies.py in the core

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:43:04 +0300 (IDT)

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Vladimir Marangozov wrote:

> Sorry for asking this, but what "cookies in the core" means to you in
> the first place?  A library module.py, C code or both?

I think Python is good enough for that. (Python is a great language!)
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                        Moshe preaching to the choir

> PS: I can hardly accept the idea that cookies are necessary for normal
> Web usage. I'm not against them, though. IMO, it is important to keep
> control on whether they're enabled or disabled.

Yes, but that all happens client-side -- we were talking server-side
cookies. Cookies are a state-management mechanism for a loosely-coupled
protocols, and are almost essential in today's web. Not giving support
means that Python is not as good a server-side language as it can be.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.